Trying to get started

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IanMcP, Mar 21, 2006.

1. IanMcP

IanMcP LawnSite Member

I haved worked for a landscaping contractor for 2 years this will be my third.. well this year I am thinking about doing some mowing on the side. I plan on doing only like 2 or 3 accounts, and I might have the oppurtunity of doing a commercial account. Do I need to become a registered business, and how much would it cost?, and approximately how much do you guys pay for insurance?

Thanks alot
    Ian

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you have to be a insured , actual business to do commercial property.. try the search feature.. tons of info..

3. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

It cost me right at $100 to register my business name and get a business license. You got to figure Uncle Sam is going to take a cut at the end of the year so plan ahead for that. If you do it right, you should be able to claim a loss the first few years with the only 2 or 3 accounts.

4. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Two or Three accounts try to get 5 or 10. Work your ass off this year and get good used equipment cheapo stuff will last about a season, but if thats all you can afford go for it. you can get better stuff next year