trying to learn about small engines

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Natural Impressions, May 4, 2006.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I have been slowly learning how to repair small engines with my own mowers. With some of the rate the repair guys have around here I thought it was worth it to do some things myself. I cam up with an idea. Driving around I always see 21" mowers in someones garage. I fugire maybe if I tokk a few of those and figuired out how to fix the ones that are fixable it would help me with my knowledge and maybe make a few extra bucks by selling them....what do you guy think of my idea.....I can't waot to read them LOL:weightlifter: :hammerhead: :drinkup: :drinkup:

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

maybe if you cant sell them.... get a bunch of hispanics, price mowing cheap, and load up on yards and $$$ like tj did with the push mowers.

3. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

4. Brianslawn

id luv to have a cold one with you! :drinkup:

pm me with all your mechanic repair ???s

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

grab a few of those old mowers, and tinker with them. you'll learn MUCH from that. practice dismantling and reassembling the motors.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, PM The Pres. So he can email me for the answers. :laugh: :drinkup:

7. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good way to make a few extra bucks. at 85 an hour (the going rate around here) you cant afford to take a department store mower if for repairs. look on the Briggs and Stratton site for the few special tools you'll need. ive maid about 2 grand over the past couple years with garbage picked mowers and such. and living in northern illinois, we get snow. ive owned 5 snowblowers over the years...total cost to me, $0. all garbage picked.

8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

thats how I get some of mine too. I get good stuff sometimes just from friends who want to get rid of it. right now I've got two trimmers in my house, a friend with a shed FULL of this sort of stuff, and I'm certain more to come in the future.

9. Brianslawn

just on that stupid efi BS!

im getting most of it figured out.

btw. you pm fixer for your efi answers to me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinkup:

10. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Afraid not Pres., I got the Kohler Tech. number. I go right to the top. :p :cool2: :drinkup: