Trying to make sense of Scag bagger rip-off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CMLawnServices, May 14, 2006.

1. CMLawnServices

CMLawnServices LawnSite Member

Backround story:
    I purchased a Scag Wildcat 61" Advantage deck this past winter (a left over model, 05') for this dealer who advertised to me that they could make a deal with a Scag 3 bag collection system for $1800 but it was the middle of winter and said I'll think about it come spring time. I go back since i've already done business with them and sit down with the owner, my names so an so, this is the machine i baught from you last winter. "Yea yea I've know the exact machine right here on the computer" I told him I wanted that bagger for my machine. Told me he couldn't do it for 1,800 but got him down to selling me it for 2,000. First off, they gave me the wrong bagger, a Turf Tiger bagger. Braught the damn thing back, he loaded me up the "right bagger" which the box had looked like its been taken apart but eveything in the box was all wrapped up and looked good. And all over this new box we saw it written WC 61" so it must have been our model since i don;t memorize model numbers for shits and giggles.

Problem:
    We get the bagger collection system on and inside the bags it says 3.3 bushels. There are 3 bags (9.9/10 bushels)? Wtf, all on the interenet FOR wildcat 61" they're advertising 16 bushels. Have one of my right hand guys call the owner back and asks him and he trys saying the bags will strech/ the rest of the bushels are in the hopper.

Come to find out, he sold me and older 10 bushel bagger vs. the right bagger that sound be on a 05 wildcat 61". Problem was, i had to use it acouple times and we called other dealers and they said yes it's the right bagger so we didnt push to exchange it. Now we see the bags should be 4.3 bushels and the blower should have the new bearing. IS there anyway that the 4.3 bushel bags would fit INPLACE of the 3.3 bags? just hang a bit lower.

Any advice would be great with trying to make this right with the dealer. Come to find out, they are no longer a Scag dealer because of stuff like this.

2. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you need to find out who your area DISTRIBUTOR is for Scag, not a dealer.

I bought a 2000 Tiger Cub last fall and added a Grass Catcher. They were able to find the correct grass catcher, which has been discontinued. They were happy to get rid of it and gave me a good deal on it ($1200). It didn't come with the weight kit because it wasn't offered that model year. I asked about it (the mower would do wheelies pretty easily). They sent me a newer weight kit for free (even freight was free). I had to modify the weight mounting bracket myself, but it works fine.

You can go to the Scag website and find manuals for all the models, including the grass catchers. This will tell you what your mower should have.