Trying

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by firelwn, Apr 11, 2006.

1. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

I'm trying to figure out a quote. I have this guy that wants me to make some stumps in his yard level with the ground. So I was thinking If I dig down and cut it off bellow the dirt level and then fill it bvack in it would work. Yea or Nea? Also howmuch would you charge for something of this magnitude? there are 8 or 9 stumbs verying from 18" to about 3". The ground is not really hard pretty loose realy so digging would not be a problem. Also going to be doing a clean up not to bad bout a 1/4 of an acre pretty much contained by the wind to around the house maby a 4 or 5 hour clean up. I'm trying to upload some pics of the property but cant seem to figure it out, just beating my brain here. Thanks guys for any good info you might have. Also please no sarcasm or bit!%** :hammerhead:

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

does he want the stumps there so he can put something on them? if not i think it would be quicker and easier to just rent a stump grinder, take them down, then put loam on top of it...just my .02

3. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly my thought. Rent a grinder, chew them up down several inches, fill with topsoil, seed it and move on.

4. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

P1010061a.JPG

5. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

TRUE i SHOULD CHECK AROUND TO SEE IF i CAN FIND ONE

6. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

C:\Documents and Settings\brandon schudlich\Desktop\P1010059.JPG

7. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

what the F I cant get the photos up :hammerhead: