TS400 VS Wet Saw

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dchauling, Feb 17, 2007.

1. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

I want to know what you guys use to cut your pavers. Especially the wedge cuts. We used to use a cut-off saw with a diamond blade but the quickie saw is a lot faster. I would like to know if the wet saw is a worth while investment.

2. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

I use a MK2001 wet table saw. Love it you can cut small pieces with out any fear of losing finger or toes. ;)

3. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 LawnSite Member

We use a Target 14" wet saw and Targe 10"Tilematic wet saw and a Stihl TS400 14". Not really sure how you're made it so long without one :) Go shopping!! The wet saw you do everything (a little slower) the cut saw you've got speed.

It's also handy to have 7.5" circular saw and an angel grinder with diamonds blades for cutting notches in step blocks for accomodating lights.

4. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

most normal runs are cut with a Ts 400 with 12" diamond blade

tight radius cuts that are to sharp for the ts 400, we use a worm drive 7 1/4 with diamond blade (slow but makes very nice cuts)

Anything that cant be cut continuesly is cut with table saw.

5. HARDSCAPER68

HARDSCAPER68 LawnSite Member

We use our saws like golf clubs, 2-TS-400's ,MK wet table,MK exteme 14'' red-zaw 14''(garbage) a couple craftsmen grinders w/ diamond turbos. not all cuts are same but to open the season a TS-400 is a good dependable and e-bay has good deals on used saws. but never the less OSHA approved glasses,earplugs and respirators are a must ,the stuff the protect is priceless

6. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

Stone Scapes, looks like a really nice saw. I'll gun for that one this year so I am not giving my son a high 3 instead of 5.