Tt/tthp '04

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LawnJoe, Aug 27, 2003.

1. LawnJoe

LawnJoe LawnSite Member

I just spoke to my dealer today to see if see if he would try to find out if the '04's would have either a higher horse power (19 or above) on the TTHP or offer a 48 inch deck on the full size TT. He just called me and said its a no to both of those. Is that what you hear on your end? Has anyone else heard anything?

2. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Please Give us a Clue eXmark.

I need another 48" and am seriously considering the Hustler Super 48" WB w/23 Kaw if eXmark doesn't at Least put a 19 on the 48".

I really don't want the Hustler But the eXtra HP on the 48" is needed.

Give us a Hint!

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

It doesn't look like we are going to have anything larger that 17 hp on the TThp for 04. Nothing is 100% certain until the first one rolls off the assembly line but it looks like the 17 is the engine we'll be using right now.

The closest I can get is the TT52 with a 20hp, 23ph Kohler or a 23 hp Kawasaki.

Thanks

Terry

4. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

I love my new 48" TTHP, but I do have one (and only one) complaint. It needs more HP for mulching.

5. LawnJoe

LawnJoe LawnSite Member

Thank-you very much. It helps a great deal in my decision making. Both are still great machines! Exmark makes a good product and I'm stickin' with them.
    Joe

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

what a crying shame. at least Hustler listens to what their customers actually want (super wb). Terry, how hard is it for you guys to add an extra engine option...you already have the 23 kaw sitting in the factory for the TT. Saddly there is appearing to be a dishearening trend with exmark. Whats up with this bull?

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you listening exmark?

More horse power on the 48" Please
    is what i'm hearing. Several times.
    48" not 52"

The horspower is one of the reasons I will probably be buying a Hustler.

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

We hear you. The TTHP chassis as with most of the walk behind line (exception is the TT) was designed for engines of a given dimension, power and weight.

That being said with a large increase in power, weight and vibration we would probably run the entire machine through our testing program as if it were a totally new design that had never been tested. There's a reason why our stuff works, aside from a few little glitches here and there. The last thing we want to do is bring a proven design to market with a new engine that creates performance or durability issues. I've talked to engineering and our product development group and they are all aware of your desire for more power.

Your suggestion, requests and demands have not gone unnoticed and we thank you for them.

All I can say is we are listening and will add this to the list of things to look at.

Thank you

Terry

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Then how about a 48" deck on the larger Turf tracer chassis then? This would be better anyway with the features that the truf tracer has that the HP doesn't.

10. LawnJoe

LawnJoe LawnSite Member

Terry,
    Thanks again. I totally understand. As we all know, Exmark has done a great deal to build its brand image by building great products. I know you don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that. When you’re ready to bring out a 48 with more power, I’ll be anxious to see it. In the mean time I ordered a left over ‘03 TTHP.
    LawnJoe