Tthp 5217 Kac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MTR, Jul 15, 2004.

1. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hi Terry or somebody, could you identify the TTHP 5217KAC with serial # 297402 ?
    I want to know what year it was manufactured and how much it was listed back then ? I am trying to get this one cause the price makes me able to get a 52" and realize dream come true as upgrade without getting any finance on the newer mower, Z or WB.

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MTR,

That unit is an 01 model and would've had a list price of around $5100.

Thanks

Terry

3. MTR

from Florida

Update...I finally got the 52" eXmark TTHP 5217!!!
    What a machine with that deck size, and I got for a tad less than 1/2 of full price and tax with jungle wheels thrown in, the dealer I went to has checked everything and it is about to start working and making money for me now. The ECS on hydro is truely amazing, and best of all the "cut"...and the prize :))

Terry, which is the right bolt to drain engine oil on this puppy? Is it the left one underneath the oil filter or the right one opposite to oil filter with black extending nozzle bolt? Please help. I am gonna change oil to 10-30 Castrol Synthec as same as one I put in my 36" Metro. Any suggestion?

4. eXmark

MTR

Use the side with the extension on it. You can also update to one of the new drain valves as well which will also make life easier during oil changes.

Congratulations...........the TTHP has been an excellant machine for us.

Thanks

Terry

5. MTR

from Florida

Wow...I have put the 52" TTHP to use for 2nd day now, what a wow!
    very smooth and the hydro is super sweet, I have noticed that I don't feel fatigued like belt Metro ...but the truth will be tested tomorrow when I take it to the majority of my accounts, hills and sloping backyard. So far very impressed with its cut on flat lots, so nimble and energy-saving, what a great feelings on ECS and the hydro drive besides quick deck height changing!!!, simply superior to belt drive- energy-draining.
    Terry, you mentioned the updated drain valve or something for oil drain, I have changed oil today to full 10-30 synthec what a pain to drain, I made quite a mess on my garage! Could you help me on how to drain without a mess?
    Thanks in advance.

6. eXmark

MTR,

You'll need an adapter, p/n 103-1966 and valve, p/n 103-1965. You dealer will hopefully have a unit on the floor so you can see what the valve looks like and why it is such an improvement. It's a pretty easy install but will require you to loose all of the engine bolts so you can raise the engine slightly.

Thanks

Terry

7. MTR

from Florida

Thanks Terry, I will try a different way like I did on Metro, hopefully it works otheriwise I might get those valves. Thanks again. By the way, I am a hydro fanatic now, it makes world so much difference when you can back out on sulky without stepping out and do juggling or manhandling like Metro! The cut makes my jaw drop...Really love TTHP, Had I known how easy and effective a 52" TTHP can do for my work, I woud have got it 2 years ago! Anyway, I have to start somewhere I know. Excellent machine.