tthp bought today need velky/sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Feb 28, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

went and bought a turf tracer with a 17 hp 48" deck today. i go back to pick it up on wed.

now i'm going to start to research what kind of velky/ sulky i'm going to get.

a guy working in the shop where i bought it said he likes his velky cause it's more maneuverable. is there any truth to this??

i'm looking got something comfortable to ride and also efficient.

any suggestion's would be much appreciated.thanks

P.S. can't wait to try it out on some green stuff!! payup

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i would reccomend wrights 2 wheel velky. it has 3 pivot points . the ones with the caster wheels fling you out past the mower. you have to be careful cutting next to obstacles

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm picking up a TTHP 52 shortly and am still working on deciding between a Proslide and a BullRider. Proslide fans like the way it helps striping and Bullrider fans generally see it as the top-of-the-line two-wheel velke.

I was going to demo a Proslide this past weekend, but that didn't pan out. Ergo I have no idea which I'm going to get. It may be that, as is the case with mowers, as long as you get a solid item rather than a cheapo, you'll get a good unit.

4. JKOOPERS

the other good thing about wrights velky is that it can fold up out of the way if you cutting somewhere you dont wanna use the velky . it folds away for more room on your trailer.

mark you will love that tthp i have had mine going on 5 years the only thing i have had to replace was the blade b/c some hoopty tried brush hogging with it.

5. Mark McC

Thanks for the tip. Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to get a TT 60 rather than a zero?

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Come on Mark you dont want to drive out and try my Proslide out in the snow???

7. JKOOPERS

i really only had like 3 properties that i could use it. so i deomed a 60 efi lazer z and then deomed the tt 60" .the lazer didnt hold hills to well and the big front casters kept pushing the grass down. then with the tt i cut the same thing in the same amount of time, plus it was $3,500 cheaper. last year was my first year , didnt wanna go overboard. i hope to get a lazer at the end of this year.

8. Mark McC

Well, Justin, you know what a pantywaist I am. What can I say?

Koop, I wondered if hilly work didn't have something to do with your decision. You aren't the only one on this board who feels that for a lot of applications, a large WB is as productive as a zero, the difference in speed notwithstanding.

Mind if I ask what you paid for the TT 60, and does it have the Ultracut deck?

9. JKOOPERS

yeah it has the ultra cut deck i paid $6,000 with the ECS and a 23 Kaw and a wright 2 wheeled velky . they have went up $300 in price since april last year . mine does alittle over 7 mph plus the way i look at is that how long can someone run a lazer 10 mph without having to slow down and go around stuff.

10. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

can we get back to my question please?