TTHP mulch, side discharge, & bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryan Lightning, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I think i solved all my problems. I cut a section off the mulch kit, and added a Ez-chute. I just tested it out on a tall lawn and it still mulchs the same, when the chute is open it lets out alot of grass so i didnt have to slow down for the thick areas, and the Ez-chute allows for the grass catcher to be used. I bet after this week Ill wish i did this when i first got the mower.

tthp 005.jpg

2. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Picture with the bag on.............

tthp 008.jpg

3. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Under the deck............

tthp 006.jpg

4. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Ready to mulch..........

tthp.jpg

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Can you give us an Underside Shot of the Cut Off Kit Like This ?!?!

mulchkit.jpg

6. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Ill see what i can do latter, maybe this one will help. The way i cut the mulch kit in half, will allow for it to welded up very easy. Are if a little plate was welded on the unused peice, you could bolt them together if you really needed it back on, but i dont think that last section makes a huge difference.

tthp 010.jpg

7. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

So You still have one Chamber Fully Baffled ?

Grass from the far chamber won't pass to the discharge w/your set-up.....correct?!?!

So What's the point...in Thick Turf your still going to clump on the baffled chamber.....or are you using it to clean up Clumps & Windrows ?

I tried the same thing...I think....on this Toro...Cut the baffle @ Discharge to allow for discharge of Last chamber to clean up clumping...Didn't like it Much Though....

toro mulch.jpg

8. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Also I'm Wondering if those are eXcalibur Mulch Blades ? The Second Level seems to be more eXtreme & the Sail Looks Bigger than Mine...

wavy!.jpg

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Fareway, I believe grass will in fact move to the right side out the front and between the blades if there is a path of least resistance, the open chute.
    When I mow tall edges with one chamber completely off the grass and on the sidewalk I get clippings dumping out on the sidewalk from the chamber that is comletely off the grass. This will happen on either side so the grass is moving through the center four or six inches of shared blade chamber. His design will work I tried the same thing but it was not practical as I never had a easy chute to allow the bagging to mulch conversion without unbolting my discharge plate.

Tom

10. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Tom the blades are ordered from J Thomas, I went and mowed my parents lawn that hast been done in about 16 days, i thought it did a great job. The back is bermuda and it was throwing the grass across 3 rows. The front is fescue It left a little trail with chute closed, but i was mulching 4-6" of grass. Ill see how the week goes