TTHP Questions

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by BAMARED, Jan 11, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I just bought a used 2001 Exmark TTHP walk-behind, with a 17 Kawasaki, hydro and it came with a ProOne sulky. This mower has <100 hours on it. I paid $2500 for it.

Evidentally, it doesn't have a mulch kit. (Thanks for the picture that was posted earlier.) How much do these things cost?

Additionally, I noticed that it doesn't have a parking brake, which is supposed to be standard on this mower. Right?

When the ECS controls are in neutral (locked position) and the engine is running and in gear - the mower's right drive wheel will barely turn. The left will is stationary like it's supposed to do, but not the right one. I check into the manual, but couldn't understand how to make the adjustment so that when in neutral, the mower's right drive tire doesn't keep turning. Any idea on how to make this adjustment?

Lastly, I noticed that the stickers on the mower says to use Mobil Synthetic oil in the hydraulic reservior and the engine's dipstick say to use 10W30. I thought that you were supposed to use the Mobile Syn. in both the engine and hyd. Right?

Thanks again,

BAMARED

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bamared,

Congratulations you your new purchase.

The mulch kit has a suggested list price of around $155, however you'll need to verify the actual price with your local dealer.

I believer the park brake became standard equipment in 2002 as a running change and was still optional on all 2001 models. The parking brake kit will run you around $110, again you'll need to verify the actual price with your local dealer as well.

As far as the hydro adjustment goes the first thing to do is run the mower. Get the system up to temperature and then check for "creep" in both drive wheels. For most hydro adjustments I'll be the first to tell you that you need to take it to your dealer. They can be difficult and often you can end up with more significant problem than when you started. In this case I think you might be okay however. We will however need to know if the "creep" is occurring when the ground speed control lever (located in the center of the console) is in neutral or if the creep is occurring when the ground speed control lever is in gear and the "thumb latches" on the drive controls are in neutral. These are two different adjustments. Neither is overly difficult but the can be tricky.

The other thing to do is to purchase the adjustment video from your local dealer or ask if you can borrow one. It doesn't cover the ECS controls specifically but the adjustment is identical to that of the pistol grips. One additional comment on the hydro adjustment. This is a new purchase, the hydros can be tricky and you really want to get started off on the right foot with this machine. It's probably money well spent to pay your dealer to adjust your machine.

We require Mobil 1 in the hydro drive system to maintain the hydro warranty. Additionally we se extremely high failure rates when other types of fluid or other brands of synthetics are used. It is your preference if you use it in the engine. Frankly if you do a great job of air filter maintenance the synthetics make sense in the engine. If you don't do great air filter maintenance then simply use standard petroleum oil because dirt ingestion will probably cause failure long before a lack of lubrication.

Thanks

Terry