TTHP52 not running 100%

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mike9497, Mar 26, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys i was working on my mowers the other day for the first time this season. i noticed that my turf tracer was not running to good.the engine was reving up and down like crazy but when i kicked it up to high it would stop for a few minutes then it would start up again.after letting it run it went away but once i put it back down to a lower setting it would start up again.also i have seen more gas come out of the muffler than normal.when starting it always spit out a little gas. its a 17 hp kaw.im kind of stumped right now i can't seem to figure it out.i feel so stupid right now because i worked as a mechanic for years and i just can't seem to figure it out.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

mike9497,

I have seen this before, it is usually a governor setting or carburetor. Your best bet is getting it to a dealer that works on Kaw.

Other than that I would make sure air cleaner is clean, it has fresh fuel and spark plugs are in good shape.

Thanks, Fred.

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

funny thing is its been fine for 2 years now,but i think it has something to do with my new shop.it doesn't have heat so i thought that there might of been water in the carb and iced up in there and screwed the carb up.i had this happen to a tiller once.i just find it odd that its doing this.i don't send my equipment to the dealer i fix it myself or i junk it.nothing against the dealer in north branford hes awsome but i just like fixing things myself.i had a dealer fix are Z once and they left out some bolts and mr pto cam flying off with a few belt guides lucky it didn't hit anyone.that dealer was the dealer in east haven not north branford.but i'll contact kaw or giant oak power in north branford to see what he has seen.thanks for all the help.