TTracer vs Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve225, Jul 1, 2005.

1. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Who has a TTracer 60" and a 60 lazer which one is faster for smaller lawns?
    Steve

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to know the answer to this too!

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you have smaller lawns, go with the Lazer HP 52" 23hp. i bought one last year and i had the opportunity to take it on larger lawns and it is great. Its also great on smaller props too.

If you do very hilly props get the TT. If you do larger props most of the time get the Lazer 60".

John

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a tt 60 in walkbehind and a 52 in lazer. The best of both worlds,
    the lazer is faster on level ground, but the turf tracer 60 inch is a billy goat on the properties with hills. It also does beter when it is real wet, but that is something we have not had to deal with for quite a while. They both have their place for my properties, but I would get the turf tracer first because of its versitility.

5. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to side with premo, I think that if you mow @ 6mph on both a walk-behind and a ztr, the walk behind would be more effecient. (walkbehind w/ velkie)

6. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I have A 60" lazer and T Tracer 60 I was wondering which is better. It seems like you can turn around faster with the TT w/o turfing the lawn up even though is doesn't cut as fast. If you can pet a 60" tt on a small lawn why would I want a 52" Lazer?

Steve

7. John Gamba

from ct

It fits better and runs faster in more open areas. Not to mention all the goods that go with the rider. Ie Jrco accessories, better ocdcs, better baggers, lifting the deck so you dont gouge, faster hight of cut settings and more??

John

799.jpg

8. John Gamba

from ct

If you can picture it without the bagger its very small and fast.

John

600.jpg

9. John Gamba

from ct

If you are on a sulky it can be as long as 100 inches. If you really like the TT please let Exmark know it needs the 27 Kohler and bring the speed to 7.5. If you dont know when you pull anything with the walks the speed is reduced a good amount.
    John.

8001.jpg

10. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

John, So you can cut a small yard faster w/ the 52 than the 60 ?
    On a nother note are the meg- mo blades that much better for leaves than Gators? Are the accelerator grass catchers worth getting for leaves? I mulch most of them up but thought about getting the catcher to suck up what's left in the middle of the yard. I know you have used them both and wanted you advice.
    Thanks ,, Steve