Tube or Hip Throttle.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tlvoskamp, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Tlvoskamp

Tlvoskamp LawnSite Member

I am about to buy a back pack blower and I had a quick question. My dealer really promotes the hip throttle, he says they are less likely to mess up or get damaged, do you think if you are careful that the tube throttle will work good or do you think the hip throttle is better since it has less issues.

THanks again,

Tlvoskamp

2. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

I've had both and I like the tube throttle best. Either one is good but you'll have more control with the trigger type tube mounted ones. JMHO

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've used only the tube mounted throttle and have had no problems in five seasons. Like Big Wes said, I think I have more control with the tube mount. FYI, all of mine are Echo blowers.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I like the hip throttle. I used Stihls with the tube mounted throttle for about six years before buying my first Shindaiwa with the hip throttle. For the last eight years, I've only purchased that type.

5. turfcaster

turfcaster LawnSite Member

Tube mounted by far, it frees up your left hand .

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been buying all hip model redmax's for the past several years now. The redmax is much better in the hip model, the on/off switch doesn't break like the tube mounted ones. I've had 10 of each probably, the guys grab the hip models every time now.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I thinks it's what you're used to. I also use the hip model RedMax's. I've used a tube mounted one before and hated it. But then again, I just wasn't used to it.

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Tube throttle for me, also. :usflag:

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Love hip mounts,hate tube mounts.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Tube throttle for Echo or Shindaiwa. Hip throttle for Redmax.