tube throttle v. left hand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikesjumpingin, Apr 1, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

Echo offers both.

Any opinions on benifits or problems of either?

Mike

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have used both and IMHO I really like left hand tube throttle.:)

Just my two cents.:blob4:

3. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

are you a lefty or just busting me?

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I personally like the left hand throttle, gives the hand something to do, I also usually remove the tube handle and guide the tube with my right hand - just find this more comfortable.
    BobR

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

left hand waist throttle. :cool:

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Echo PB-603 and I like the tube mounted throttle because I can run the blower with one hand and pick up trash or something else if I need to. Also if I'm doing cleanups and I have bushes that grow all the way down to the dirt, I can lift the bushes up with one hand and blow with the other. Do a search and ou will see many threads covering this.

7. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

J\K I really do like tube throttle for the same reasons lawnkid just said. :)

No, I am not left handed so that may be another reason I like the tube throttle.

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Mine has the left hand throttle and it is a cruise control type that doesn't need constant holding. However I find it a pain because it won't stay in the up position well and it's always out there catching on stuff like fences building bushes etc. and I'm afraid the throttle lever will get busted one day. Also in the way taking it on and off. I'm being traded two Echo 603's hopefully and they have right hand tube throttles so I'd like to try them. Like Robert said I have tried it w/o handle just holding tube, that got tiresome after a while but I can see it's good for a change.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I definitely like the tube handle throttle best. It doesn't get hung up on things, like bushes, when carwing in behind, and it's nice to have a free hand when and if necessary.;)

10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had both,like it all on right hand best.:)