tuboforce owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Sep 20, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How is this deck working out? Does it cut well when the grass is wet? Does it discharge a lot better than the old sfs deck? How crisp is the cut that it leaves? I am asking becaue i am looking at this mower instead of a hustler because their deck scares me right now with all the stuff that is wrong with it. I am looking at the toro and lesco.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have have been pleased with the TurboForce. We bought a couple in 05, and a couple in 06. Only negative, in extreme wet condition's they spit out a few clumps. Very good deck,very good mower.Good clean cut,and with the deck pitch set correctly,stripes good,incorporate a roller and the stripes are awesome.

3. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Very happy in second year with my 72" 587L. Cut wet much of the time with little to no clumping, but best of all much less blowout than with previous Exmark Ultracut. Just ended a summer-long drought so I mowed wet for the first time in months yesterday. Left baffle in most closed position and worked great. Two thumbs up from me. Will M>

4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Im happy with my two, reasonable striping ability, strong(mine get tortured), good cut, good disperesion sp?.In mine opinion on par with any other deck made by any manufacter. BTW mine are 60's.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, as an owner of a Lesco and someone who has used the Turbo Force... and sees them in use every day... here are my thoughts.

The Lesco deck construction strength is more than ample and stronger than most... but there are some parts of the Turbo Force deck that are thicker.

The Turbo Force deck is adjustable, the Lesco deck is not.

Both decks have greater belt-wrap around the spindle pulleys.

Both have a good discharge deflector (if you use them) but the Toro one is better.

Both have high quality, strong, greasable spindles. Both are also top-greasable, but the Toro is easier to get at the actual zerk. I don't know that I have a preference about the blade cradles on the Toro. Some hate them, some like them, and some don't run doubles and don't care like me.

Internally both share the same basic design. The toro might be a little deeper. The Lesco has a LOT MORE blade overlap (1.5").

The Lesco rides better, the Toro suits my cockpit preferences better.

BEFORE ever owning a Lesco, I didn't feel there was enough difference in price to matter to me either way. Plus the preferred place to buy both was well out of town.

Personally, I flat out chose the Lesco over the Toro (and the rest) because of the better overall, all-weather cut quality. In my area/conditions, it was the best choice in that respect... nothing more, nothing less.

Had I bought new mowers in 2006 instead of 2005, I would probably honestly have 2 new Toro's right now. An OK local dealer added the Toro lineup this year. So I would have probably gone Toro because I would not have considered Lesco.

BUT I AM GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT LIKE THEY DID.
    Love the Ztwo and Lesco customer service.

6. C.T. Lawn Care

does anyone have a picture of some of their toro's cutting and striping? I would like to see what the roller looks like. Also i would like to see the same type of pics from a lesco. Thanks

7. C.T. Lawn Care

bump ............

8. TeeBox

TeeBox LawnSite Member

Here are a couple of pics. Its a 60 in turboforce deck with the toro stripping kit. (its the rubber wiper not the roller) The brown spots are where im getting ready to reseed.

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00621.JPG

9. C.T. Lawn Care

thanks... that makes a pretty nice stripe. Was there unwanted grass in thoes brown spots and you are going to seed over it with a different type?

10. TeeBox

TeeBox LawnSite Member

Yes there was unwanted grass....Just reseeded a few days ago...