Tucson Arizona

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by BPC, Jun 27, 2009.

1. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

Ok Tucson guys I need to know the state of the job market out there. I had planned on moving further north but with my wifes declining health it looks like I am heading back to Tucson to be closer to my family.

I have been living in Florida for the last 10 years doing irrigation and landscape lighting. With irrigation I have worked with all major manufacturers have my CIC through the IA along with a list of other certifications. When it comes to lights I have installed most major brands of lights, Kitchler, Unique, CAST, etc. and have actually done a designs and install for one of the old Mayors of Orlando and some other prominent residence here.

I know the market in AZ is about as bad as it is in Florida jut looking at some reports but I actually have a job here so what I am hoping to be able to do is find a job in the Tucson area.

Any thoughts? Am I up the creek with a paddle? Should I learn to flip burgers?

2. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

Wow not a single response that is scary. After doing a little more looking around the area I find it interesting that he only CIC's out there work for the UofA or RainBird. Might be time to check with them.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know anyone on site from the ole pueblo. When are you planning on coming? I can ask around for you but in general it would have to pick up to be slow.

4. srmx

srmx LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

2nd Az Gardener. Tough market. Plenty of people willing to work for very little just to keep something going.