tuff choice, need help?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by edhuffman777, Nov 16, 2006.

1. edhuffman777

edhuffman777 LawnSite Member

im looking to buy my fist zt and i have it narrowed down to the 2006 48inch scag with the 19hp kawi eng. priced at 6500.00 out the door or the 2006 cub cadet M48 with the 23hp kawi eng. for 6100.00 out the door. both about the same on warranties and both dealers offer free demos if they cant repair the same day. just wanted to know which one i should go with?

2. Coolrthnu1

Coolrthnu1 LawnSite Member

If thats only choice then scag. But the best is Exmark. I have used them forever. Somebody who stocks parts & can repair quick is real important to. Exmarks are easy to work on. like easy to access belts, pullys etc. They hardly ever break. I used for 18 yrs now. & the company stands behind them like no other company i have ever seen.

3. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Tiger Cub! But if you are going to look at a Cub Cadet, look at the Tank M-60 25hp kawi.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

is the cub the one with the folding wing deck.... as cool as that is, there are some issues with its reliability, the m 60 is a great machine, so is the scag....

you will get everone saying if you dont get there brand of mower its junk, exmarks are no better then scag, toro, or any other commercial mower..... most all of the commercial grade machines have merit....

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Between those two mowers, SCAG. JMO

6. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

If It were my money scag.