1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TML, Mar 5, 2014.

1. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

I have several questions about specifically "Tufoil" engine treatment after reading about it in much older posts.

1. Does anybody reading this currently use it, or has anybody had a bad experience with it?

2. Is it okay to add to my high hour machine (20hp Kohler 2440 hours) and older truck 2000 Chevy K2500 132,000? I have been told in the past that on older machines that I should not switch over to synthetic oil at this point, would that be the same principle for this additive?

3. Do any chain stores sell it off the shelf? I do see it for sale online.

Thanks in advance
  2. Jeff in AL

Jeff in AL LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

1. Never heard of it!
    2. Use at your own risk, not by what others say!
    3. Looks like autoparts stores sell it?

Check it out for yourself:

Remember, they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true... So you can trust every word they tell you!
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not a fan of oil additives. Remember Slick 50 or even farther back to STP and Motor Honey? All gimmicks that were at best a very temporary band aid to quiet a loose engine long enough to make it somebody elses problem. Reason why I dip a finger to feel and smell every fluid on a used piece of equipment. These are NOT anything like synthetic oil. Switching to synthetic is never a bad idea but don't expect it to repair worn bearings or rings.
    Posted via Mobile Device