Tulsa oklahoma

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by workinallthetime, Feb 27, 2007.

1. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

hey any weed beaters in the oklahoma
    anyone in the tulsa area?

2. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

Hey workinallthetime, I am from okc, just starting this year part-time. Want to make sure I am really as into this as I think I am.

3. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I live in Bixby. Been doing this part time now for 8 yrs. When I say part time I mean only 5 lawns for 8yrs. I am trying to bump up to 30 lawns.

4. Lawns by Steve

I would be happy with 10 to 15 this year and really hit it hard next year. I work nights and I hate it so I really want this to work and get bigger every year.

5. workinallthetime

im new and diving in head first, if things dont work out ill just have some killer lawan equipment for my 2 acres, lol.
    I really want to do only larger lots 1 acre plus and hopefully can make a couple grand a month i duno. i would also perfer to stay over here on the south west side but i might me limiting myself to much. i know my tractor service business is starting to take off.
    any of you guys run into a situation where you need to hire some one to do dirt work, clear brush, dig footings, remove turf for flower beds, install rocks ( i have a great source for moss covered sandstone) level area, ect let me know.
    my happy place is in the dirt !!!

6. Lawns by Steve

Man, I would love to just dive into full time this year, but I would have to make at least 3500 a month to quit my job. I'm really not into losing money. Good luck to you this year.:usflag:

7. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

I live and work "in or near a large city in northeastern Oklahoma", although I have a policy about saying exactly where on a public forum.

I had a guy who's been in this business a long time tell me that the best way to succeed in this business is to find something you're good at and stick with it. Word will get around, especially if you market yourself.

I DON'T do tractor, dirt, or stone work. If you'll send me your contact info I'll put you in my rolodex...

8. workinallthetime

workinallthetime@yahoo
    send me a message and ill send you my info

9. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

Okay.

Interesting avatar you got there, btw.

10. TLS2005

TLS2005 LawnSite Member

Anyone in the Tulsa area know of anyone selling their lawn business? Accounts, equipment etc. If you or someone you know is interested in selling let me know. I own a lawn and landscape company and I'm trying to expand but due to the economy I'm finding it hard to drum up new business even with creative marketing that has been very effective in the past. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted via Mobile Device