Tundra alignment or suspension issues??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Anyone else have an 07' or newer that they feel has a suspension or alignment issue? I cannot seem to get more than 30-K out of a set of tires and I rotate every 5-K and have already had 4 alignments on the truck since I bought brand new. It now has 62,xxx miles. I've talked to other owners and they feel the same way...anyone else?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds expensive, I dont know your driving habits, but a lot of hard breaking wears out tires especially if your toting a trailer.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I know my 2008 seems to wear fronts but the 2011 not so much

4. I drive normally and don't break hard. I've been towing a 6x10 open for the last 4 months or so.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Deori

Deori LawnSite Member

How many miles are the tires you're using rated for? I've made a point to do as much coasting to lights with as little braking as possible on this last set of tires and I'm definitely getting better wear out of them. Running up to lights with a trailer on and having to brake fast grinds them down quick!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. They have a 60-K warranty on them....which Sears better honor cause they have been rotated every 5-K.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know if Tundra was included, but Tacomas had a recall on lower ball joints...inner tie rods are prone to wear in frequent off road conditions.

Are you running Pmetrics or LT's? Tundra is too heavy for P's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I get roughly 50-60k on my 285 BFG AT. The original duellers on my 09 melted at 20k.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

There ya go...an LT tire vs Pmetric.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. The second set was/is Michellin LTX AS...
    Posted via Mobile Device