tuning up equipment for spring

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tapr Lawn Care, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Tapr Lawn Care

Tapr Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I just wondered what you other lawn care owners did for maintenance on your equipment (mowers, trimmers, etc). Do you do a tune up on your rider? and if so what all do you do? (change the oil/plugs) I want to get everything ready for this new cutting season but want to make sure my equipment is running great and ready to go. Any tips and info is greatly appreciated.

tapr lawn care
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Do just what you said. Theres not much to do to them (oil,plugs,fuel and air filter, and grease if applicable). Thats what we are doing next week.
  3. kpyoung

kpyoung LawnSite Member

We'll do the following for start of season maintenance and repeat as necessary throughout the entire season.

change oil, change plugs, clean or replace air filter (including 2 cycle equipment), check tire pressure, grease all fittings, look for loose or missing bolts and screws (vibration sometimes loosens these), replace worn trimmer heads, adjust drive cables on trim mowers, sharpen and/or replace several sets of mower blades, run a file over the business ends of shovels and post hole diggers, check lights on trailer, and make sure all equipment mounting racks are properly functional.
    Good luck with your season!!!