Tunnels

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RM n WS, Feb 1, 2008.

1. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I have 3 yards that have been showing tunnels just under the surface of the turf. The ground is becoming very soft but I have not seen any visible discoloration of the fescue. I live in central NC and have many ideas of what this is but I would like to hear from professionals who know. Please help!

2. tbrom

tbrom LawnSite Member
    from 77833

There are many yards in my neighborhood that have the same problem. My answer is your area is infested with MOLES as we are. Good luck on trying to eliminate them!

3. summitlawncare

summitlawncare LawnSite Member

Defintiely sounds like moles. The best product for mole control is Talpirid. YOU can get it at Lesco. It is about $75/box. And there are 20 baits in a box. THere was a thread on here a couple of days ago, called "mole control". I would explain to you how Talpirid is applied but it is a lengthy process. SOmeone was kind enough to type it out step by step. It is a very effective product if applied correctly. Try it for sure. If you cant find that thread, go to google and search talpirid and it gives you info and instructions on there on how to use it.

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

If the holes are too small to be from moles, you may have mole crickets.

5. landgator

landgator LawnSite Member

You can't use Talpirid. in NC. I was told that this week.

6. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on this site.

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

send a picture

8. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I just had a box of Taliprid shipped to me from Lesco & $106.00 ( here we go again with the different Lesco pricing structure:hammerhead:)

9. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Go online and order direct from Talprid.

10. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: Good one Red. I love it!