Tupersan Pre Emergent

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by boats47, Feb 25, 2008.

1. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

What is everyone’s take on using Tupersan as pre-emergent, either sprayed before or mixed into a tank of hydroseed. If you use it, what is the % price increase you use? I figured my cost is less than .05 cent per square ft. Do you see the difference when using this product in this type of application?
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have had mixed results with it, you must by all means do a two step application or really dont get any control. i have only used the granular though, i dont know about mixing it with my seed in hydroseed tank, but if the label says so then i think you would be fine. the price at the time was 1.5 that of my regular app for both apps needed for the tupersan
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I used it once. Good 30 to 40 day crabgrass control, goose grass wasn't phased by it. I used a crabgrass pre-M at about 40 days after grass seed germination at a low rate. That combo worked fairly well. That being said, I would not do a spring seeding or over seeding without it. I also think I will use Futerra rolls in the future on bare dirt seedings.
  4. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I am really trying to avoid the BS we had last year, where almost every yard we hydroseeded was infested with crab and other broads, but more so crab. It was at the point where I was running around on our dime spraying these new lawn installs just to save face witht he customers. Now some of them neglected the care instructions given, but others held to the instruction to the tee and still devistating results. If anyone has other solutions let me know what works for you and I will give it shot, we can't have a repeat of last year.