Turbo Force Deck? preformance?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jun 8, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How many of you are happy with your turbo force deck? With other adjustable decks working out problems just wondering how happy you guys are with the turbo force decks.

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We bought two in 05 , and were happy enough with the Turboforce, we bought two in 06.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

thick wet tall grass is no match for the turbo force... i also have a cub tank.... and it is great but not quite as proficient as the toro....

4. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine to death. It's cut is excellent, and lay's a very nice stripe. I would recommend a Toro TurboForce to anyone.

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

A friend of mine just got a 2 year old 52" Toro Z with Turbo Force deck. I told him how nice it was, and how much of an improvement it would be over his Scag Cub. As I recall I had a good experience with a demo a couple years back. I remember it did pretty well in wet conditions, but recall it blowing some chunks. Anyway we had a big flush of growth the last couple weeks, and I spoke to the guy expecting him to be extatic. Well, he was very disapointed. He said it cuts nice, but blows chunks everywhere when the grass is the least bit damp. He is running the factory blades, and had the baffle wide open. He said his Tiber Cub was doing much better! So I told him when it is dry to close off the deck as it would grind clippings smaller, as he said it was next to impossible to hide the clippings, so he mowed for a while and could not tell any difference. So, I am not sure what it means, but it left some doubt in my mind, enough that I purchased a new Hustler Super Z yesterday.

Good luck

6. tacoma200

Keep me informed on how you like the Hustler as you get a chance to try it in various conditions. What model, engine, deck did you end up with?

7. tacoma200

So far Toro is getting a higher percentage of positive's than many other new decks out there. Keep the input coming.

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I had the same experiences when I used one. We really may have some weird grass around here thats hard to cut though??? I dont know :confused: So far the only ones I've seen that can cut around here are ultracut exmarks, lesco mowers, hustlers, and gravelys.

9. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I will post on how the mower does. I have the 30 Kohler 60". So far we mowed about 8-10 acres with it in Blue grass, fescue, and some rye and it has not missed any grass that was perceivable to myself or my workers. I am watching it closely. The grass has slowed some, but the last lawn I cut was probably about 9" of wispy fescue and it did not miss a beat. I have only noticed some likely hood of backfiring, and some weird sputtering when moving the throttle quickly, other then that the engine is performing well. We even did some pretty hilly property without a hiccup.

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Didn't the 30hp kohlers have some issues with the carbs and they were replacing them? I'd check into that if the sputtering/backfiring continues.