Turbo force deck?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Dec 1, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Is the turbo force deck 5.5" deep?? Are you happy with the deck??

Thanks John

2. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I demoed one before purchasing the exmark and I liked it lot. Yes the deck is 5.5" deep and in IMO a hi quality cutting system from what I experienced.
    The only reason I decided to go with the exmark over the the Toro was because of dealer support, I had to pull teeth just to get the demo from this dealer and no one wanted to talk to me about this mower.

3. John Gamba

from ct

I know some dealers suck. I'm glad you liked the deck. Did you use the ajustment at all??

John

4. gilatplc

from FL

Ya know here in FL the adjustable baffle system doesn't really affect us from what I see that and most all of us mulch. I tried adjusting it and didn't see any difference, also when they install the mulching kit it is removed and not used anymore.
    If I had tall wet Bahia grass I think this would be a great system, very ez to use and adjust. I loved the cam love, a much better system to exmarks 2 bolt system which is identical, why not adapt?

The front baffles I have never had the need to adjust.

5. John Gamba

from ct

Cool. Thank you
    John

6. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Turbo Force. I unlike the other guy can tell a big difference in the adjustable baffle. Especially running gator blades. However, I think he is farther in the south were we have cool season grass instead of warm season grass. Here is a link to a thread that I posted a pic of some stripes on my own yard. Hope this helps!!!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=147510

7. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Matt

Matt how is it in weeds and that tall thin grass you have???

john

8. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

A crew that cut next to one of mine used a Toro with the TF deck and I must say I was real impressed with the cut of it. It is right there with the Ultra Cut.

9. gilatplc

from FL

10. John Gamba

from ct

In taller grass with the baffle open it was faster then the ultra. But the ultra discharged better even when you closed the baffle.