Turbo Force decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Palmer'sLS, May 16, 2007.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Today, I had to use a friends mower. He gave me probably a 05 or 04 toro 60" turboforce deck. MAN O MAN....this thing cuts wonderful, compared to my "yellow machine". I was quite impressed. I was wondering what people think of the toro mowers in general, becuase after running that machine, I've got to be honest, and say that other than the lack of speed (hydros were acting up), that was the best mower I have ever used. Any thoughts?

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I have never run one myself but they do seem to cut good and are fairly popular around this area. Exmark is king here in maryland. Every trailer you see has at least 1 Exmark Lazer.

Exmark
    Toro
    Scag
    Bobcat
    Gravely
    Wright

Those are whats real popular here.

3. Palmer'sLS

Yeah, I am unsure of the durability of their machines, DAMN sure outta last at least...idk 55 hours maybe before a major warranty claim?

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Toro owns Exmark. Toro designed their ZTR's using basically Exmarks platform. Much of the machines are the same. I'm not sure but they use the same engines, probably the same pumps/motors, etc. The main difference is the decks. The turbo force decks (especially the new ones) are great and have a very solid reputation. I come close to buying a Toro but Exmark and Scag just had a larger engine selection and I found the Scag on sale. Excellent mowers, you'll rarely ever find much negative about them. Of course every brand gets bashed on this site every now and then. The 25, 27 wc, and 28 Kawasaki should be very good choices (28 Kaw is new to the line up). The 28 Kohlers is also an attractive choice. Stay away from the 30 Kohler, I'm not sure they have all the bugs worked out of it. Good luck whatever you decide.

5. Palmer'sLS

Hey thanks tacoma...yeah the toro dealer is..idk .25mile away lol...'mut near my neighboor. I have some news that may interest you, could i send you a pm?

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

May I ask, what happened with hustler??

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

They pretty much told him to F OFF. I honestly think he needs to put his problems out here in the public forum for everybody to see. I will say no more because ultimatly its up to him.

Me = Never ever buy a hustler no matter if they were the last mower manufacturer on earth. :nono:

8. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I will have to say I agree with you. When I was looking for my new mower, I tried out quite a few mowers to say the least. So far I love my Toro @ 107hrs. I think the quality of cut is one of the best out there. Here are some pics of my personal home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic was right at dark... I was seeing how well my digital camara does in low light conditions.
    [​IMG]

9. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Palmer,

What Tacoma said is pretty much true. Pretty much from the seat to the rear is mostly what you will find on an Exmark. There are a few things different. Engine choices is one... I believe Exmark has more engine choices, however I feel Toro's choices are relatively comparable. I hear the new 23HP Kubota diesel w/ 52" or 60" Turbo Force does well, and they have the 28HP, 25HP Kawi's with the same decks.

A dealer close to me has 25HP Kawi 60" deck on sale for 6999, however it's the Turbo Force with out the adjustable baffle. I think the adj. baffle adds another another grand to the total.

Hey being big yellow went down where is realslow at???????? Not to poke fun at your issue but he always says these are the best.... They all have problems man....

10. Palmer'sLS

If my thread makes it through, I posted everything the best I can remember on the Hustler forum. I dont think it will make it though.

Pj has been about the best guy from their company.