Turbo Turf or Easy Lawn Hydroseeders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, May 20, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well i need a new hydro seeder for next season because the one i have is old and run down.plus its very small 150 gallon im looking in the 3 to 900 gallon range i looked at the turbo turfs and the easy lawn hydros.anyone own any of the two? anyone have a seeder besides those two that you like? any help would be great guys thanxs

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Poly tank units are really only good for smaller / quick jobs... results are nothing compared to the 'Finn' type, metal tank, auger systems... because, these units can mix heavier wood mulches.

The poly tank / jet systems can really only mix a cellulose mulch mix well enough to blow.

If your gonna blow hydroseed WOOD mulch is a must. (IMO)

3. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I have a 600 gal easy lawn, and it works really well. If I had it to do over again, I would get the bigger engine and pump setup (on an easy lawn or turbo turf). I also adapted mine to have a "bale buster" type jet. This is an option offered on the Turbo Turf system. I go to the discussion board of the turbo turf website alot, and they have good information. I would recommend getting a demo from both and see which you like the best. A jet agitation may not be as good as a finn, but I have never had a problem, and I can spray 1-1.5 acres a day by myself. Hope this helps.

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

worthbrown

thank you it does help me out a bit.

5. Corby Dieu

Corby Dieu LawnSite Member

Turbo Turf is a scam.

6. windmill

windmill LawnSite Member

"Turbo Turf is a scam."

Now THAT has got to really help in making your decision easy. After that scathing explaination I would NEVER buy a Turbo Turf unless I was going to snowplow with it.

7. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Could you back that up in court ?

Turbo Turf has installed Millions of SQ feet of turf hydroseeding.
    Ray at Turbo Turf is one of the most helpful and honest guys in the industry . Hes helped me many times , and we have a home built unit .

Hydromachines can do a nice job that makes customers very happy .

Mechanical machines can mix heavier loads , and they make customers very happy
    There are some nice machines out there Finn , Bowie , Easylawn
    Turbo Turf etc.

8. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I agree. As I said in an earlier post, I have an Easy Lawn unit. I did some retrofitting that is actually similiar to the setup on the Turbo Turf unit. Ray at Turbo Turf has helped me a great deal as well. Turbo Turf has very helpful info on their website about the hydroseeding industry and hydroseeders. If you have a problem with a specific Turbo Turf unit, I would be willing to bet they would take care of it. I normally just laugh when people bash products with no facts to back up their claim, but I could not let this go.

9. Corby Dieu

Look at their low application rates and their bull ---- about how much damn money you can make. Im going to say I f***** up and bought one of their machines. When looking at the bussiness I had narrowed my decision down to a Finn or TurboTurf, I was conned into thinking the cheaper machine with less parts would be better. Now I am about to purchase a real machine built for hydroseeding/mulching. My TT has been modified to act as a sprayer/nurse tank.

10. Corby Dieu

Also I am not saying that people who use these machines doesnt do quality work, I am sure many do. With the machines lower capablities and the way they are marketed many get into it as a get rich quick scam. Also think about this jet agitated anyone can go down to the local co-op and build one. Mechanical agitation many parts made and designed by the manufacturer. I know I have pissed some people off in this forum but its just my nature(nothing personal).