Turegreen/Chemlawn Getting into Mowing!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane612001, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

I got my new yellow pages the other day and I was looking thought that lawn care area and I saw Chemlawns ad and and the bottom it said Lawn Mowing and landscape services I had to roll my eyes when I saw this:rolleyes: What do you guys think?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Not new here. They came out last season with those services. So much work around here, I don't see it as an issue. Not to mention their maintenance quality is as good as their fertilization quality.

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, this is old news here as well. And I agree, it will just help us.

Funny this season to see the Chem Lawn milk trucks pulling a small trailer and mower. I just wonder how their workers liked it.

"Um Joe, we have added mowing to your service area's this year. Get the trailer and mower and have at it. But remember, only mow the area's that you have to, like we trained you to do with the spraying, but make it look like your doing the whole thing, ok?" :D

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

What brand of mower are they using?
    Crawdad

5. crazygator

Crawdad,
    So far from the ones I have seen, just about everything out there. At least the most popular ones for our region. Scag, Toro, Emark, Dixie Chopper are what I have seen, or what I could identify......hahaha

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Isnt Chemlawn just a franchise anyone can buy into?? I think some guys already have a maintenance business, and also a Chemlawn franchise.

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my friends who has been in the business for 15 years, lost a major account which he had for years to chemlawn. They cut his price in half. Unreal.

8. crazygator

I know this can happen, sorry for your friend. But remember who this is and their reputation. If the price was cut in half, I would bet the service and quality was as well. That means nothing to price shoppers, but everything to those who want good work.

And remember too, Chemlawn is trying to get into both sides, the maintenance and spraying. I bet this account is taking a bath with the fert program to make up for the loss on the cutting side.

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

What do I think? O.k., you asked.

Well, they should do fine against you since you cannot even spell TRUEGREEN correct much less put a proper sentence together. I suggest not bashing someone else with the little "eyes rolling" smilie until you reach perfection yourself.

They're competition like any other service, who cares? You should feel this way against everyone that can potentially take work from you.

10. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My exmark dealer told me that Chemlawn has a national accoutn with exmark and that is the first mower the look at when they buy one.