TURF articles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys and gals. Need some input from ya'll and Sean has agreed to give me a hand. Turf mag has me demo'ing stuff for them and writing articles. I am just now writing on the new 60" Exmark wb and am demo'ing one of the liquid cooled lazers next week. Where should i go from there. Turf magazine is very open to our/my suggestions. I just want to get an idea what you out there want to read about.What type of mowing and terrain am i doing?Glad i asked. :) Acreage, hills, residentials, hills, small yards, big yards and yards with chicken pox. Only constant is that i will be mulching 90% of the time if it is mowers i am demo'ing. I have a few ideas, but i would rather see what i can do for you out there. Post here. Let me know.Thanks to everyone in advance for thier help and thank you Lawnsite.com for all of your assistance.
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of residentials have the need for smaller mowers to fit the backyards. There's a couple mowers out there lately I'd like some input on, namely the Gravely 34Z, and Hustlers Gatestar rotating deck 48" which fits through the gates by actually swiveling up.

I think a lot of us who work mainly residential could benefit from some input on these mowers, as well as some others in that same class.

Thanks for the chance to give some input.
  3. Acute Cut

Wow, i thought this thread would be a hot one. A chance to have a picky LCO demo and let you know every little thing about a mower. Ill look into those ideas twins-lawn-care. The only other aspect to this demo thing is to convice manufacturers. Unless they know they have a bad product, i cant imagine why they wouldnt want the exposure. Let me know guys. I can try and demo ANYTHING as far as lawncare is concerned! Trimmers, Edgers, Mowers, ETC! Your responses here are the limit of what i can think of. HELP me HELP you! This is our LCO chance to learn about stuff from a truely objective point of view. I cant wait to hear John Gumba's response to my 60" wb Exmark article in June. MUHAHAHA! (Just kidding, i have little to say that isnt 100% positive)
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Now this is Great!!!!!

Keep on doing the mulching and hilly demos! I would really like to read about any MFG's performance there. Sometimes demos are not easy to get here and I'm already running mowers I'm satisfied with in the mulching and hilling. So much so that I'll admit I would be afraid to change brands without some serious seat time.... and no other brand dealer around here seems to want to slap on a mulch kit for a demo and turn me loose.

I appreciate what you are doing!
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Keep this thread going,I'll have some for you when I get a chance to think on it a bit.

quick one-Demo pull behind aerators that don't cost $3000.00.
    (under a thousand.)

On edit: disregard the "keep this thread going",as I was giving it thought it got kicked up to the top where it will stay.
  6. Acute Cut

On it getting kicked to the top to stay:
    This is due to JimK and Sean Adams tremendous help in supporting us LCO guys. Thanks to both of the above mentioned for everything. You guys are examples of what customer service should be all about.
  7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

How bout somthing on Lesco brand mowers? They get very little respect here on Lawnsite. Maybe we can findout the truth once and for all?
  8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I got the turff mag for some time. I was not impressed. Every time they tested a machine and wrote their opinions on it you might as well had the company do it for you. I wondered why I got it free then I read all the adds in it, and realized its nothing more really than a big add. Some times they will have a lco do a personal experience/ view letter and it will have some really good info. They had one with a company who ownes Exmark euipment and the owner listed all the good AND BAD POINTS he saw which to me is just as important. I dont think its a bad mag, but I would pay for one that was much more informative when it comes to equipment and its quality. But I dont have too, I come here.
  9. Acute Cut

i did a little equip breakdown in this months upcoming issue. It is in the "talkin bout my gear" section. I think you will agree i was fair on the machines there. Actually, it was that article that got jim motivated to ask me to demo and write. It was also in the last TURF construction mag if you happen to get that.

I will be 100% honest in all things. My reputation as being honest is on the line soi have to write what really is. I have to build confidence from you guys by "keeping it real" as one of my employees would say. Read it and tell me what you think. That was just little blurbs on the equip, wait till you see the full meal deal. :blob2:
  10. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Do something on baldes, like running doubles, verses meg mos and so fourth. we here in the north east are looking for any thing that will get us ahead when the grass is groing like crazy and chem lawn is coming every week adding to the growth. All we ever read about is mowers but we still have to use blades on all of them to make them work (right?.) Show what is the best blades for the money and the right set up for each mower. Just a thought.