Turf Ex RS7200

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by DistinctiveDave, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave LawnSite Member

Currently have a Permagreen Magnum. Looking to either buy another one as a backup or move up to a different machine and keep the PG as a backup. Has anyone tried the new Turf Ex machine? I have a demo setup next week, but was just looking for some feedback from anyone first.

Thanks!

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

be sure to post back after your demo,

dont think anyone on here has one yet

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I started a thread on this over the winter. The guys that had seen it at trade shows said it looked felt like a Tonka Toy. Perhaps your demo will prove them wrong?

Check out the Ground Logic Pathfinder as well. I believe you may find it superior to both a PG and the Turfex in the compact ride-on applicator category.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

How about some info on the demo
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave LawnSite Member

I have had this unit sitting in the shop since Friday. I have not spread one pound of fert with it yet, sold a big job so I have been working on that. First impressions, bulky unit, no sight gauge on liquid tank, very peppy-may tear up turf easy. I have driven the unit around the shop and also put some water in the tank to test the spray pattern, the spray pattern looks nice, supposed to be the same width as the fert pattern. Being a small guy, 5'6", I feel I am far away from the handles, when I turn, I feel like im really stretching my one arm to make the turn. Im planning on getting out and spreading some fert today....I can also take some pictures and post them.

Also, the B&B carrier rack wont work without some modifications that I wasnt willing to do because Im not sure if we are buying this machine or not.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Did you get to use the unit yet
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TurfEx Products

TurfEx Products Sponsor

Dave,
    We've been getting a good overall response to this unit and we are interested in what you thought after your demo, please post your thoughts. Thanks!

8. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

9. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

Bought it last year..big mistake...breaks down all the time..cables..handles..springs..valves leak..gas cap malfunctions. .now the motor...what a lemon
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

More info, like how many hours you put on it, how it sprays, etc?
    Did all those things really break down are are you just pissed?