Turf - Issues

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PrimeScapes, Oct 12, 2004.

1. PrimeScapes

PrimeScapes LawnSite Member

I first wanted to say hello and that I am new to the forum. I was wondering if there is a specific area where problems like fungus and disease (in lawns) are talked about. I have some pics I would like to post, but I want to make sure they are on the right area!! Thanks in advance!!

bg

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

welcome
    this is the place
    post those pictures and your questions
    sit back and view the replies

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site! :blob3:

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

PrimeScapes

It is more than likely Brown Patch season in the Dallas, Ft Worth area. Post away.

5. PrimeScapes

Brown Patch is what I was thinking as well. What suggestions do you have for prevention, treatment and to keep spreading to a minimum. Thanks much!!

bg

pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Prime

Sure looks like Rhizoctonia, more than likely solani or maydis. Note the hallo or smoke ring. You need a fast acting Systemic and it will get worst before it gets better. Aliette or Prodigy both have the same AI. but are expensive. However LI 700 and Mancozeb are more affordable and have worked for me with one treatment most times.

Any time you suspect Brown patch gently pull on the center blade of the stolen and see if it pulls out easy or breaks off. Brown patch will pull out the whole blade showing the white of the blade base. Useing this technique many times you can diagnose brown patch before it forms a smoke ring on St Augustine.

7. PrimeScapes

Thanks Ric!!

You confirmed what I already believed. Thanks so much for the help!!

bg

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BG

I sent you a Private Message about a company in your area. I have not recieved an answer.