Turf Mag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 22, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

More and more that I get this magazine I am turned off by it. I don't know if it's the editor from his article two months ago, or what. Has anybody else changed their feelings for it since then?

Just curious

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Well sort of. Its mostly just advertisments. Same as the Lawn & Landscape magazine. I wish they would do more product testing and reviews.

3. tiedeman

from earth

I have to agree with that. There is only a handful of articles that I read in there. The rest is just ads!

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

guys, the magazine is free........ take what you can from it, and disregard the rest.

5. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Yeah, how dare they GIVE me a magazine and put those advertisements in there. LOL

I agree that there are more ads than articles. Most of the articles are not related directly to me and my business, but I have found it very informative just the same. To me its worth it just to see what Lawnsite thread they choose to put in there...

6. tiedeman

from earth

but they never part everything in the thread article. They cut & paste who they want in the article

7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Trade mags are free because they are supported by vendor advertising. They need to pepper them with articles to get us to turn the pages and look at the ads. Most of it is useless garbage but I always find I walk away with some useful tidbit of information.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Landscape Management is my favorite magazine. Helpful articles about the business end of it. The others just focus on the stupid equipment. After 6 months in this business you can pretty much know what equipment is good and which is bad. Shoving it down my throat everyday does nothing.

9. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I have to disagree with yall. I think TURF's field test articles are great! I think that Acute guy should write more!:D (Disclaimer: I may be a little biased though!)

10. tiedeman

from earth

so it really didn't have a good throttle then Acute?