1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

turf magazine and spanish...

Discussion in 'LawnSite.com/TURF Magazine e-Reports' started by wahlturfcare, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Do I detect some hostility traviswalker007?

FYI, I'm over 50 and my parents have long departed our world but thanks for your concern.

BTW, please use the "Spell Check" button when you reply. It'll make it less painful to read your posts.
  2. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

aW. aREN'T yA kIND? aREN'T yA kIND?
  3. kathyu

kathyu LawnSite Senior Member
    from 05851

Yeah, I "prolly" am the one sitting at the Mexican border. It's a heck of a commute everyday from Vermont, but hey, someone has to do it.

I just did a run through the office and asked everyone if they were American's or illegal. Apparently we don't have any illegal immigrants working here.

:usflag::usflag::usflag: GO MRP! :usflag::usflag:
  4. michiganlands

michiganlands LawnSite Member
    from z 5

I think we are missing the underlying point. Those who do not like seeing the spanish language in America are afraid of change. But, would we like to give up what these people bring to our country? Spanish is a beautiful language, and Mexican women are too! So many of us have worked with immigrants, and I have had a very positive experience with them. I found out that I didn't know everything, and I never will. They probably found out the same.
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

why is this thread still dragging is it that hard to skip over that whopping page and a half
  6. kathyu

kathyu LawnSite Senior Member
    from 05851

Thank you Tom!
  7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Apparently not.

Some members here seem to come to a screeching halt in their reading pattern when they hit that page. Something to do with linear thinking.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

Actually (European) America has been around longer than since 1776, that was just when the Declaration of Independence was written, in English by the way. In fact Europeans my have been some of the first people to actually inhabit American soil along with the Phoenicians prior to the great immigration via the Bering Strait and Polynesian mariners. As one who has some Native American blood, I can honestly say that I forgive the Europeans for what they did. So, I am not offended by English speakers in this country nor do I have the desire to learn Welsh, Gaelic, or Cherokee. I will stick with English. However, if I desired to move to another country, I would spend at least 5 years before I went studying the language
  9. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I was just thinking about this. There are probably just as many people in this country that only speak French as there are people that only speak Spanish(that are here legally). So, why doesn't the mag and all the other companies that currently print everything in English/Spanish print it in French as well? Because they're not catering to the people that are here legally. They know that there's 12-20 million potential customers out there. Legal or not, they don't care. They just want to make a quick buck. These companies are hoping for amnesty for these illegal immigrants. 12-20 million customers for them...12-20 million lowballing competitors for us. Think about it.
  10. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

Finally someone who has some sense. It doesn't get any better these people multiply like rats. They may just take over our Country without firing a shot. Michaganlands says"Those who do not like seeing the spanish language in America are afraid of change. But, would we like to give up what these people bring to our country?" I say BS I am not afraid I am sick. Sick of these people invading our Country, Sick of these people stealing our jobs. Sick of paying taxes to give illegals education, and govt assistance. Sick of illegals waving a foriegn flag and demanding their rights. Sick of leftwingers that say I am wrong for not wanting them here and sick of those who give them jobs. Michaganlands asks "would we like to give up what these people bring to our country". I say Hell yes send them all home. Wake up Americia if something is not done about this we may not have a Country to worry about and we will be the ones doing the cheap labor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.