1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Magazine emergency!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimK, Jul 12, 2002.

1. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Hi folks. A few months ago we started featuring "Talkin' About My Gear" in Turf Magazine -- short articles (and photos) from lawnsite professionals. Well, we're all out! The editor just came to my office saying we have no more of these. Can you help me out? I know $50 ain't much ... but I'm not asking for much either. Thanks,

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Where is my $50? I forgot about the $$ involved. haha.

Just kidding, I was glad to help. Feel free to run mine a second month.:D
  3. Turf Ranger

Turf Ranger LawnSite Member

wait i dont get it? your saying that turf magazine pays $50 to feature you in the magazine? and u are looking for people?
  4. JimK

I'm saying that as publisher, I'm looking for more lawnsite folks to tell our 70,000 readers about their equipment ... and something about themselves. And for the trouble, I've offered $50 a pop. (If you didn't get paid, please e-mail me your address, etc., and I'll get it right out).
  5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

We can have some fun here. A little creative photo editing...in Hoss' pic, take the Plugr out and put in a 20 year old Murray 21 and substitute the words "aerator" and "aeration" with "mower" and "mowing". :D
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:cool: I just gave that murray away.:dizzy:
  7. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 22" Murray I'll loan ya! :blush:

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

At least its an extra inch. :eek:
  9. JimK

rkbrown ... SURE! a bit of photo magic would be great. I know our readers have a sense of humor. They voted the lawnsite column "In Your Own Words" one of their favorite features in the magazine. Send something along. I'd lend you my Murray, but one of the wheels broke (in half). Or, my Crapsman rider which my boy used to create a 40-foot long divot in the front yard!

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

We would like to help you out the lawns are so burned out from the sun we have plenty of time! contact us at bbkfoley@msn.com. Thanks! Brian Foley - Signature Landscaping:cry: