1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Magazine needs help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimK, Apr 17, 2001.

1. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Jim at Turf Magazine here. A few weeks ago, I created a thread talking about photos from you to use on the cover of the magazine. Mostly, you answered by saying that when the winter cleared, you'd look for photos.

Help? Well, I'm stuck. We are starting to produce the May issue of TURF and the photo I had won't work -- so I REALLY need to fine something good to use. If you have ideas, please let me know. jpegs won't work -- the resolution isn't high quality enough for reproduction. I need photos or slides (which I could preview on the web).

Can you help?
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Hi Jim,
    I just read the article in Turf on Lawnsite for April, good article.

You didn't mention what sort of Photo you are looking for. I remember before you were looking for an action shot. All I have in 35mm is lawn pictures. Here is one of them, but please post what sort of picture you are looking for, for the May issue. That would help. :)

I do have a picture of me mowing this same lawn in 35mm, but I know you don't want me on the picture. ;)
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Let us know what type.

Jim, by the way. Thanks for the help with the mag.

Mike, bring the camera. :)
  4. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Eric and 65Hoss,

The photo I'm looking for should be 35mm ... hopefully verticle instead of horizontal -- and yes, Eric, I would very much want to have a person and a piece of equipment in the photo (even if it has to be you, lol). Almost every cover of the magazine has someone working -- because -- that is the focus of the magazine.

Thanks for help. Eric, your lawn photo is great -- only missing the person. Could you post the one with you in it?

Thanks again,

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking lawn Eric. Your house? ;)
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

pic is nice eric , guess you couldnt decide which way you wanted to stripe huh. just kiddin real impressive
  7. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Come on Eric I want to see the one with you in it!!!! Lets start matching people with screen names!
  8. I might have what your looking for.

I can give you a some 8 meg vertical Tiff files of the Stone on his new tru core aerating sit down sulky behind a 62" Toro pushing a JRCO tine rake on a soccer field.

My Oly 490 will give you what you need for a cover shot with great detail.

My pesticide application vehicle could also make a great action shot with the spreader operating.

E-mail if interested.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just as soon as I get through the rest of my Spring cleanups, I'll send you some pics of my rig. I'll guarantee it's like nothing you've ever seen before.(for a landscape or lawn care) It seems to draw conversation wherever I go. My customers really like it too!:)
  10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This one was taken before the Chopper days, about 1992.