Turf magizine nothing but advertisements.!!!

Discussion in 'LawnSite.com/TURF Magazine e-Reports' started by Turf Commando, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I've subscribed to the magizine looking for good reviews and insight on the industry. 98% of magizine is advertisements, is it just me or do you agree...?

2. yeah , but they are nice and in color.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

A. it's FREE, what do you think pays for all the printing, paper, staff, and postage? And B. it's lawn care... If it was full of articles and news cover to cover they would be repeating the stuff after the first two months. There's just not that much new information to share out there. New Machines, Chemicals, and Irrigation products is about the only real news, and of course that turns into more ads.

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Those advertisements have to be working though--I saw a few dealers listed in there that I didn't even known were near my area!

I don't mind the ads at all. They keep me entertained. It's like a catalog, hah.

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

They usually have an article in the regional section that is pretty interesting. Yes there is a lot of advertising but the price is right. There is usually an equipment review that is good to read.

Yes there is an article or two that is relevent to your region.

6. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i got them for a year and canceled the subscription ....huge waste of paper and ink... you know its a rag when they qoute this site lol

7. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Its free, so if you do not like it just cancel it or use it to start a fire.

8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

They own this site

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL...to cool

10. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

it's why we can blatantly disregard subscription prices....and yes, the ads have pretty colors LOL