1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Turf magizine nothing but advertisements.!!!

Discussion in 'LawnSite.com/TURF Magazine e-Reports' started by Turf Commando, Feb 2, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i thumb through it for about 30 seconds and toss it in the trash. my favorite mag is PRO. i look forward to it coming every month. the stories are great, some about small guys runing one crew and others about huge companies. not to many ads at all. if you dont get it you MUST start !!! its free to

2. kathyu

kathyu LawnSite Senior Member
    from 05851

I see you guys have been busy while I was out of the office! LOL...

Thank you to those defending Turf magazine. Our ratio's are consistent with all other controlled circ publications as required by the USPS. I believe it's 60% advertising to 40% editorial. There are no exceptions if you are mailing 2nd class.

I think debate and competition is healthy for any business, so keep up the fire guys! :usflag::usflag:

Kathy

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You know he's serious, right? MooseRiverPublishing, which puts out TurfMag and others, bought Lawnsite.com from Sean sometime back.

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i know . but they have been doing it for years ... long before they bought this site

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes sir....:usflag:

6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I think maybe, you have figures mixed up, more like 75% advertisements 25% editorials..LOL just picking on you ....

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Well throw the thing out then. Jeez

I have never seen so many threads come up whining about a free magazine.

They dont say anything that theyre not.

They dont advertise as being the "landscaping bible" information filled reference book.

They are an advertising magazine, with a couple of interesting articles thrown in there.

I like it, I flip through it. Sometimes I toss it after 30 seconds other times I read the whole thing.

8. kathyu

from 05851

Ouch! You're killing me here!:usflag:

9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Haha

COme on Kathy....I said "sometimes" haha.

Ill rephrase

MOST times I read the whole thing..... :)

10. kathyu

from 05851

:drinkup::usflag::drinkup: