1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

turf revitalizer overseeder

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by drewcille, Nov 19, 2008.

1. drewcille

drewcille LawnSite Member

has anyone used a turf revitalizer overseeder from turf solution and if so i am looking for some feedback on it?
  2. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I used one in September. It all depends on how many acres you are doing. I did 13 yards this year , and some were around 2 acres. If you have more than say 3/4 to 1 acre I would use a small tractor with an overseeder attachment. I would also recommend the 9 hp self proppelled. It did produce very good results in what it did.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do a little searching on here and you will find a more than adequate aount of positive feedback. I have stated that I have used plenty of seeders before in my time, the Lesco being the last previous, and none can even come CLOSE to what the Revitalizer does - both in ease of use and handling AND performance. as far as doing larger areas, while being in a whole separate category from tractors with larger seeders, doing wider and larger areas really isn't that bad. The Lawn Solutions revitalizer is the only slit seeder that converts to a ride on slit seeder by the addition of a sulky, which it ha NO problem pulling. The machine is extremely agile and maneuverable with the sulky on, as well. You can quickly get in and out around trees and objects with it, as well as having the ability to fit into tight ares, such as gated yards and such. Don't just take my word for it, though...I ENCOURAGE you to look this up and see what other owners and users on here are saying about it. It is in a class all by itself.
  4. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it on five lawns I rented one from my local rental dealer. I recommend the 9hp as well and it did a fantastic job hands done. Like Jn said if you have a yard bigger than 3/4 acre go with something bigger.

5. drewcille

thanks for your feedback matt, joe and jn rogers.
  6. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I would not be in business today without the money this unit generates. Not only money but it will transform people yards and give them the yard they always wanted. I'm good friends with a few other folks here on lawn site in this area that will also verify that the Turf Revitilizer is a great tool that everyone should have if you want to transform yards, bring smiles to your clients faces and earn some good money in the short time frame we have to seed yards. We have now done over 120 yards in the past 15 months with our 9HP unit.
  7. drewcille

thanks for your feedback
  8. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright David I mean Barefoot. JK I am saving money up and hope to buy one in the spring of 2010. Maybe next year depending on how snow goes this season.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  9. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

my exmark dealer has a used one he is trying to sell to me.* my question since i have never used one is what are you guys generally charging per1k for service with this machine?* i know it varies.* i am just looking for a ball park figure. thanks.
  10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

So for you experienced folks...what is the biggest advantage of this machine vs, say, a Bluebird slit-seeder? Ease of handling? Quality of results?
    I am hearing lots of cheering but lets get some specifics...thanks.