"Turf South" Magazine...'In your own words'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Oct 26, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the article and think, like I do that they could have selected a much better and more informative thread than that.

Wonder who selects the featured threads? :eek:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree completely.

3. AltaLawnCare

Thanks, Runner.

I hate to think what legit lcos - who don't get online, or own a computer think of LS by reading a post like that.

They probably don't run out to buy a computer.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be worse, they could pick up all the bickering on leaf grinding by stone 2001. It was kind of weak.

5. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

The magizine is free to use which I do appreciate, but what is up with the cover photo? Are those supposed to be strips or just showing that snappers leave impressive wheel marks? Dont get me wrong I enjoy the magizine and I enjoy them helping lawnsite, but thats kinda a altered..photo

6. AltaLawnCare

I noticed that too, I think its the same mower, shot twice. There are no stripes, just tire marks.

Narrow and wide, narrow and wide.

Maybe next month they will use Stones' "StoneList" thread...:eek:

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

the one that had the sag of Casey and the staircase with the runaway mower. Is that what we're talking about or have they found an even better lawn care folly to post?

8. AltaLawnCare

The caption was "LCOs and Doctors". They used the one by LB82 about comparing Doctors and LCOs. After someone goes to school for half their life, cut up dead bodies, and have to deal with death and lawsuits everyday, they should be well compensated.

Wonder how a doctor feels when he reads about a football player making over a million a year, compared to his 350,000 per year?

And yes that post about the stuck WB was another one in bad taste.

:alien:

9. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I agree on that, but once again it is a free mag, but lawn and landscape has the trade magizine hands down.

10. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I think the reason they pick these lame threads is that there's no manufacturers (their sponsors), bashed in them. You can't really blame them, it's business. Russ