Turf Speciality Prodcuts - Quik Vac ??? Anyone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RB, May 25, 2001.

1. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use this bagging system. I'm thinking about it for my toro z (that's if I don't trade it in for a Walker)lol.

RB

2. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

My unit is actually a combo Peco and Turf Specialty on a Turf Tiger. I originally bought the Peco with the auxiliary engine/blower, but switched to the belt-driven Turf Specialy blower when I discovered it. The auxiliary engine is high maintenance. It collects lots of dirt in the filters and it's impossible to keep clean. I still have the Peco hopper so I can't speak about the Quik Vac hopper set up. A buddy of mine has the whole setup and is pleased with it. It sits kind of high and limits your visibility a good bit, especially backing up. Be prepared to take out some low limbs. It will also put a drag on your trailer when loaded. The belt-driven blower works fine and is a snap to take off if need be. It will clog some if you aren't careful, but you will learn when it's getting full. Scag came up with a quick-connect hose that I hope to modify for my unit this fall. No more clamps to deal with to take off the blower hose.