turf star?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Clint, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hey, the dealer that im looking at buying from doesnt appear to be a turf star, i havent asked him but it doesnt show up on your website either, he looks more like a mechanic that can "get" mowers.. he qouted me a good price so im not complaining, but there is a turfstar dealer like 30 min away, would you suggest going to him or what? I've been told they are much better dealers, what do you think exmark?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The answer is really rather simple and yet it's not completely cut and dry.

Turf Star is one of two categories of dealers when buying Exmark equipment. The other is stocking. The Turf Star category simply indicates that this dealer has stepped up to the plate so to speak with Exmark and has met certain requirements. These requirements will vary from region to region but at a minimum they must stock a complete line of Exmark mowers and participate in some manner in the promotion of the Exmark line of commercial mowers. In a given region qualifications will usually include a level of parts inventory, a specified number of technicians, salesman and staff. Other requirements might be the number of each model they must have in stock, or they may be required to participate in zero down time programs, loaner programs, service schools every year, as well as other certification requirements.

Is the Turf Star dealer always the biggest? No. Always the best? Not necessarily. What a Turf Star dealer is more often than not is the dealer that will not only be able to best sell you a mower but service that mower after the sale as well. A Turf Star dealer must step up to the plate in some manner and when he or she does that we offer several programs to help them better serve their customers.

If given a choice would I go to a Turf Star or a non-Turf Star dealer. I'd go to a Turf Star every time until someone showed me a reason why I should not. I do suppose however that if you are in a very rural area it may be more difficult for a dealer to justify all of the Turf Star requirements but otherwise the benefits definitely out way the cost.

3. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thanks Terry,

I guess im just going to stick with the dealer 5 min away :)

Anyways thanks for explaining it to me!