turf tiger bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wherebluegrassgrows, Aug 8, 2005.

1. wherebluegrassgrows

wherebluegrassgrows LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a turf tiger to pick up leaves? Just trying to find a better way.
    I have been using blowers and a loader but I thought if I could reduce the leaves before they are loaded. I could dump less and save time and $$$$$$$$$$. Does anyone use a scag bagging system? Are they worth the $ ?

2. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I have two Tiger Cubs and run the three bag catcher on one. I can not say enough good about it. It works good for leaves. However, don't expect to pick up every single leaf. It does a great job of compsting the leaves reducing them at a rate around 3-1. I also bag most of my commercial accounts. I first purchased the clam shell catcher, used it on two accounts and returned it. Too bulky and no matter what they say one man can not remove it in the field. I have a pully system set up in my garage and in 10 minutes the 3 bag catcher is off, including blower and weights. Being solo it also comes in handy when I get a little behind in the spring. It was a hefty $ when I purchased but i'm glad I did.
    Good Luck