Turf tiger not charging

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DOUGE2, Apr 16, 2014.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Beats me. That means you had no signal to the solenoid for whatever the reason
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The charging system has nothing to do with the start or run circuits of the machine, The only thing they have in common is all are ran through the ignition switch.

The fact you found a corroded/rusty post IS a sign of overheat, Overheat causes burnt contacts on the inside of the switch...... That may be why it was acting all funky, I've never cleaned corroded/rusty post just for that reason. I'd suggest replacing the ignition switch AND cut the connector off the charge wire and replace it as well, Re-install the new regulator then re-test everything......

I posted a link to PTO clutch adjustment instructions in the bottom of post #20......

3. DOUGE2

DOUGE2 LawnSite Member

Okay thanks. I will order new switch and re-test.

4. DOUGE2

DOUGE2 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link on clutch gap; Seems straight forward.

5. DOUGE2

DOUGE2 LawnSite Member

Oops! I should have posted my results. I checked clutch gap and replaced ignition switch and burnt wire end. I put the new voltage regulator back on as well as RestoRob suggested. Everything seems to be good on it. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device