Turf Tiger of Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jun 8, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have narrowed my choices down to two ztr's the 52/27 Turf Tiger and Lazer Z 52/27 for right now I want the scag b/c of the "clam shell dump-from-seat bagger" but exmark desn't have a qds hopper for a 52" and I will refuse to get a 60" b/c 100% of my lawns are residential....suggestions

2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hi I am looking for the same type of mowers I am also thinking about the graveley line. The dump from seet bagger is no good for me I need a bag or bucket collection system to get the clippings in the truck. The graveley is about 7k-8k not including the bagging system. Lesco laser has a dump from the seet system that looks sturdy. I have a lesco 48 wb it runs great .

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Woodbros,

How small are these lawns? I can mow everything that I can fit between with my 60" Lazer. I can see where on some small lawns I probably wouldn't take a time hit by dropping to a 52", but then I would on the larger ones. 8" is 8". You gain a LOT more Trim side when you jump to a 60" too. Fullsize 52"ers have the same width rear wheel track as a 60", but they simply put the smaller deck on.

Also, a 60" will have a better cut, as the blades are longer, and the deck can handle more grass.

If I was to HAVE to go with a 52", I'd DEFINATELY go with a LazerHp, as It's overall a much more compact machine.

Why ya gotta bag?! Baggers suck! :)