1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

turf tiger owners please read

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LWNMWR1, Feb 9, 2005.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i have 2 tigers one i bought in '99 and the other is a 2002 i bought as a hold over in '03. the machine has been nothing but a dog. my old machine with triple the hours will run circles around the thing. wondering if anyone else has an 'o2 tiger with similiar problems. everytime i get an answer from scag it is something different. need some input please
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Do you mean in the quality of cut or in top speed? is the 99 better
  3. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

speed is the problem. very poor on the hills and slower in the flats as well
  4. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

Make sure you have the bolts on the top of the hydraulic pumps tight (the ones with the small bolt and nut running through them). The one on my left side backed off when i first got it and i couldn't figure out the problem until I called my dealer. All it wanted to do was pull left and on hills the thing would choke out. Hope this might help.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They advertise 10.5 mph...take them to task. Mark off a 100ft strip and have someone time you across that distance!! I am interested in what you are finding since I am about to buy a 48". On my Scag Cougar 48" it is so rough riding I don't care to go very fast. May get a Ferris for the ride.