Turf Tiger vs Cheetah

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Strange lineup Scag has now. Seems like they are competeing with themselves at the top of the line. Im not sure I would buy a Scag but I would like a 2nd mower. I like the super fast Cheetah but the Tigers underneath gas tank is a way better set up.

2. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking at a backup mower and looking at Scags and bobcats. I hav seen less and less scags in CT for some odd reason.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

whats plan B?

4. 350yddr

350yddr LawnSite Member

I hear you, I understand the concept behind the Cheetah, fast and smooth. But, to me the Turf Tiger is the LCO high productivity benchmark. It's professional, built like a tank, does everything well, peace of mind kind of machine. Come spring, I think our money is on the Turf Tiger. Good luck.

5. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a turf tiger and love it. but my exmark turf tracer stripes better and i dont have a stripper kit for anything.

6. oldclawn

oldclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Your Tiger has an advantage deck--the Velocity deck stripes a lot better. Stripes are overrated--and the difference between any of the machines striping ability is totally neglible within 48 hours of mowing. Mow it clean--move on--striping takes a lot more time.

7. 350yddr

350yddr LawnSite Member

Yeah, we have a Turf Tracer too awesome WB. Thought about a stander, but, we need to use a Trac Vac for leaves, and the TT does slopes a stander could not. Reason for the Cheetah/Turf Tiger debate got a contract for a school system 13 sites, total of 114 acres.

8. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

Not as many scags in my area either .I used to have one. I will not buy another one either .. That is why I think they are going away.My lawn mower dealer said there suck to deal with on support for them.