1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

turf tiger with kubota desiel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CAG, Jun 24, 2007.

1. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

i have been thinking about buying another ztr and was wondering if anyone had any feed back on this machine.. is the 25 kubota desiel a motor that they have had in production or a new design just for the turf tiger?? cuz I'm def not a fan of new designs due to problems they can usually have the first couple years.. also my thought was the fuel saving .. the 60" ztr that does most of the cutting averages about 25- 30 hours a week. so could i figure that i might cut the fuel bill in half each month to put towards the payment on the machine?? any thoughts or feedback on this model machine would be appreciated
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm pretty sure this motor is the same one that's been in use on exmark machines for a year or two already. Should be a great mower.
  3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

1 of the Scag dealers near here has a demo model but I have been too busy to get over and try it out I would feel better if it was a little more HP
  4. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

You don't need the HP if you have the torque. My 72" toro with a 25hp diesel will plow through anything.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I agree you need the torque and not the hp.
  6. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 LawnSite Member

Talk with my local dealer about this mower. He advise me not to buy it , because they have had a lot of problems with all of the vibaration coming from the engine. He said they have lost a hand full of nuts and bolts from all of the vibaration....