TURF Tinting???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by acadiana104, Dec 20, 2003.

1. acadiana104

acadiana104 LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there have any info. on turf tinting? I saw my a home having its yard sprayed with a green dye of sort, in December, to make the yard look like a lush green yard, like it would look in the summer. I would like to found out where to purchase the ingrediants or dye. thanks for the help.

2. try lesco

3. acadiana104

acadiana104 LawnSite Member

thanks for the tip, I will try lesco

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Green Lawnger. Lasts for six months on dormant turf. Here are some pics. of one I did today. New install. Sorry for the poor quality. I was using a cheapo Logitec pocket cam I carry to CMA with disputes.

campic156.jpg

5. Avery

After. Homeowner loved the results.

campic160.jpg

6. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I *dded *bout 20lbs/1000 o* Ironite to my l*wn *bout 1 1/2 months *go. H*sn't lost *ny o* its color yet *nd h*s not h*d *ert since Sept.

7. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Avery how did you charge for that I have customer that has court yard of hybred bermude and in the winter it is just ugle and he has the money to pay to make it look good. Did you get the die at lesco.

8. Avery

I got the dye at John Deere Landscapes. It is called Green Lawnger. You mix it 7:1 for dormant turf. I would charge appx. $75/backpack sprayer full. Label says 1 gal. will cover 4000-12000 sq/ft. More like 5000 in my experience, but I mix it heavy to get a deep green color. I like it much better than overseeding. Overseeding is just bringing more weed seeds into the turf.

9. Avery

Almost forgot. 2 1/2 gallons will cost you appx. $80.

10. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks I will be at that site tomorrow but it is only 3,000 sq. It might not be worth it to buy and sit on the extra. I would have to charge at lest 120.00 to cover the material.