1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer 60/23

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skimastr105, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an oppertunity to purchase a Turf Tracer. And some handheld stuff. I don't know the models of the handhelds yet... but I will soon.

Here is the email the guy sent me:

Just so you know the mower is a Exmark Turf Tracer 60" with a Kohler Command Pro 23 engine put into it late in 05. The engine has about 600 hours. The spec numbers are ps-75524 and serial no. 3032105491. The mower has pistol grips. It has also had all the wheels, the spinal shafts, belts and guide wheels...etc replaced since I bought it this past fall. I replaced everything to get it ready for the next mowing season. Since then I have found a job opportunity that I can't pass up so I have decided to sell the mower. I have all the invoices showing the replacement parts I have purchased. It has been cleaned and completely reconditioned. It runs great and is ready for the next mowing season. It does come with a striping kit and sulkeys. You are more than welcome to come take a look at the mower and we can talk then. If you are interested email me back. I should be free all this weekend.

In addition, I have a year old Stihl backpack blower and a Stihl weedwhip.

I am asking $3,500 for the entire package.

What do you guys think about this one? Is there anything I should be aware of when I go to look at the mower. Any specific tests I should conduct before purchasing? More importantly, do you think it is a good deal?

Thanks for all your help, Alec.
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

if everything is on the up and up and in good shape, sounds like a pretty good deal although 23hp for 60" deck seems a little underpowered to me. Make sure you try out everything before you buy and get everything you can get from him since he is getting out of mowing and wont need it anyway.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have a 60 inch turf tracer with the same combo motor, but we have the new ecs handles. It is by far one of the best investments i made. We have 3 riders, and a lot of guys choose the turf tracer before a rider. Its a maneuverable machine, cuts excellent and has plenty of power. We put a set of rocket wheels on the back. Definately an awesome mower in my opinion.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ask them what year or post a pic so i can tell you if its got the Ultracut or try-vantage deck on it.
  5. weedwoop

weedwoop LawnSite Member

Have you priced a new one? I think they are only about $6,000. And that one sounds pretty used if all those parts needed replacing.
  6. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

A new one is out of my price range. I am just starting out and I don't want to take out a loan or do a payment plan. I will check and see if it is the trivantage deck or the ultracut. Which do you guys prefer?
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You will have to try and find out witch one cuts better in your area. The ultracut does better in taller grass and will cut regular hight grass faster BUT it dont like weeds.

The try deck is what made Exmark number one for many years and it cuts regular Grass and weeds very well.

As said before, they are awesome mowers. I have owned around twenty in my day.
  8. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

Being a w/b the 23 should be adequate hp. I would ask for a receipt of the motor purchase as well as other parts. Let it run and make sure that the hour meter works. Check oil and hydraulic fluid cleanliness. Hydraulic fluid can be checked using a white hand towel or paper towel. The oil and hydraulic can also be lab tested I'll try and find information on that. It is not too overly expensive and may save you a lot of money in the long run.