Turf Tracer and TTHP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ScCo, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I took a trip to the local exmark dealer yesterday as from everyone's input on this site, the exmark equiptment seems to be awesome equiptment. I went to check pricing and to set-up a demo on a 23hp/52" deck Turf Tracer. I was definitely impressed with the construction of the machine and I like the feel of the ECS controls. I'm looking forward to the actual demo. Luckily we still have some good fescue so I'll be able to try it out.

Anyhow, my question is, for those of you who are familiar with this mower and it's pricing, should this baby cost me $7300.00? I'm thinking I've seen people speak of picking up eXmark ZTR's for less than that.

On the 36" TTHP I was quoted at $4200.00, which seems fairly reasonable. A bit high I would think but not shocking. The $7300.00 on the 23hp/52" TT is what surprised me.

Any input?

Also, for those of you with experience with both machines, are the TTHP's added features over the Viking worth the extra for in a 32 or 36" model? What is the approximate price difference in the viking line-up and the TTHP line-up?

Thanks for the time and any input you can provide. I'm new to the site and enjoying all the information that is available.

ScCo

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ScCo,

Pricing can vary greatly from region to region and it never hurts to have the dealer double check his prices.

Personally I like the floating deck of the HP vs. the fixed deck of the Viking. The Viking as well as the other fixed deck models we have are great machines. The real advantage isn't always that the deck floats but also that it takes a little more abuse, is easier to adjust the cutting height, blade removal is easier and the belt adjustments are easier.

I'm sure the guys will have some input on you questions as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

7300 Hundred is a little high. Check with a nother dealer. The extra for the turf tracer 23 52 Ultracut is well worth it.
    John

745resized.jpg

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I was recently quoted $6ooo for a 23 kaw 52" turf tracer in OH.

5. ScCo

I checked with the dealer again today and it seems as if he had a problem using a calculator the other day. I asked him, "so, 7300 for the 23hp/52" turf tracer?". He replied: "no, it should be $6300.00...don't ask me how I got $7300."

So, that's more along the lines of what I was expecting (Similar price to hustler's SWB).

Anyhow, the machine (23hp/52" turf tracer) definitely has a very nice cut, and did great on the steep slopes at the property where I demoed it today. I'm thinking that it will be a good investment and a very productive machine. I was off of the above mentioned property more quickly with the TT than I usually am with my ferris ZTR, mainly due to how I was able to knock-out the slopes much more quickly and less treacherously. :) Can't imagine how awesome the stripes it leaves are going to look with the striping kit and in a better part of the season.

Anyhow, thank you all for the input. I'm leaning towards the TTHP for my 36" mower, but if anyone has anything they'd like to add on it or the viking please feel free to do so.

Thanks
    ScCo

P.S. the dealer did say he'd do both the TT and the TTHP for $10g, so I'm thinking there will be some new equiptment hanging around here soon.

THANKS

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

These price were quoted mid '03, in central FL
    Viking VH3615KAC ECS $ 3900
    Viking VH4815KAC ECS $4250

TTHP 3615KAC ECS $4550
    TTHP 4817KAC ECS $4825

TT5223KAC ECS $6299

The Viking is good but for $ 600 extra you 've got TTHP as eXmark said everything easier. Fixed or Floater don't matter for me as long as "price" is RIGHT.
    Anyone of these are 1st class mower, but I would definitely shop for a used one with less than 500 hrs and that what I will do. Coupled with jungle jim or bullrider you will have fun.

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I’m concerned to get the full potential out of these machines, Definitely get a Proslide / Bullrider or equivalent when you buy it. I got a Bullrider one-week after I got my walk-behind and productivity went up and fatigue went down. It is amazing what you can do with a good W/B. good luck!
    Jeff

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ScCo,

Glad to here the confusion has settled. I suspected that the dealer had quoted the wrong price but was hoping you guys could work it out. It's always good to build a relationship with the dealer who you'll be wanting to service the equipment and it looks like you guys are on the right track.

Good luck and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Thanks

Terry

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I just had too!

664res500.jpg

10. ScCo

I'm looking forward to having these machines in the fleet. I'm sure they'll serve us well.

Thanks to all of you for the time and advice,

ScCo